Annie and Give til it Rocks!


Annie
5x7
Watercolor on Paper

I love doing pet portraits - especially this one!  Meet Annie, she is a sweet daschund that is owned by a nice couple that I met at an American Cancer Society fund raiser at House of Blues.  A month ago, I found out about a concert and silent auction that was being put on by a friend and coworker of mine called "Give til it Rocks!"  They were raising money for a breast cancer walk that was held last weekend.  

I really wanted to do all I could for the cause so I did something I've never done before, I donated a custom pet portrait for the silent auction.  Early in the night I ran into this wonderful couple that asked for my business card because they were concerned someone would outbid them.  Fortunately, they ended up winning the bid and I was so happy for them because I knew they really wanted to memorialize their favorite pooch, Annie.  They explained that Annie was part of the family.  I could relate - our dogs are too!  It felt good to do this painting in so many ways!  Here are a few photos from the event.

Sound Check!

Volunteer buddies - Cassie, me, and Kate!

Labels: , , , , ,