Two Owls


Two Owls
5x7
Watercolor on Paper

These two owls were painted for a very special couple, my Aunt Genean and her husband Harry.  I really hope they like them. I tried to do something a little different with these owls, giving them a burst of color. They are typically brown and white but I thought that would be boring, so here they are!  My Aunt Genean is a great lady and her husband Harry is an awesome guy too.  They are a lot of fun and have a great sense of humor.  I always enjoy spending time with them.  In the last couple years, they've done so much to help our family by taking care of my grandmother and one of my aunts.  I don't know how they keep up with it all...this is a little present for them.

Below you'll find my homework from my watercolor class.  We were told to paint 4 objects in 45 minutes.  I used cheap paper (Canson) and quickly remembered why I don't use anything but Arches.  It doesn't even feel right under my brush, but mission accomplished none the less.  I need to keep working on painting loosely and quickly.  I'm used to taking my time with paintings, but this is great practice.


Labels: , , , , , , ,