Wild Haired Sarena


Wild Haired Sarena
11x14 inches
Watercolor on Paper
Inquire for Purchase Details

Meet Sarena!  I was very close to tossing this piece.  In the beginning, I was really unhappy with the way it was turning out.  The face looked distorted and I couldn't quite get the proportions right but I stuck with it and I'm pretty pleased with the end result.  I'm actually thinking of doing a series of paintings with a similar theme.  

I guess you could say this is a version of a self-portrait.  I used a reference photo of myself, not really with the intention to make it look like me but more for guidance on proportion and shading.  When I posted it to my Facebook page, several friends recognized me in the image.  I had fun with this piece!  I can't wait to do more wild haired ladies.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,