The 2014 Uptown Art Expo


What a fantastic weekend!  This weekend was the Uptown Art Expo at Cranes Roost Park in Altamonte Springs, Florida.  I was fortunate enough to win the poster contest for the art festival, which came with a cash prize and a free booth spot.  The photo above is of me and Jim Barton, the festival organizer, next to the banner on the stage with my artwork on it.  It was an amazing experience!  



The excitement started on Friday, when I did an interview on Fox 35 News to promote the festival.  On Saturday morning we set up and had an amazing start but by 2pm, bad weather moved in.  Tornado warnings and bad thunder storms were in the area so we had to quickly tare down and pack up for the rest of the day.  But Sunday...Sunday was amazing!  The weather was perfect - clear skies, perfect temps, and lots of friends, family, and art lovers filled the street. 

I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful support system.  My husband helped me with everything - setting up, packing up, and manning the booth.  My parents drove up to watch our boys.  And so many amazing friends came out to support me.  I am humbled by how supportive everyone was.  I signed posters and made some great sales.  GOD IS GOOD!  










Labels: , , ,